Media Statement –
- John Kobelke to lead review of Swan Valley planning framework
- Review presents an opportunity for the local community to have their voices heard
Planning Minister Rita Saffioti has appointed Hon John Kobelke to conduct a review of the Swan Valley planning framework, which incorporates the Swan Valley Protection Bill and associated development plan.
The review provides the Swan Valley community with an opportunity to contribute to the future development of the region, with views being sought on:
- The role and responsibility of a statutory board for the Swan Valley;
- Establishing a right to farm in the region;
- Possible new tourism initiatives; and
- The current limits to subdivision in the area.
Residents and landowners in the Swan Valley will be contacted to provide input into this process.
Comments attributed to Planning Minister Rita Saffioti:
“I am pleased to announce that John Kobelke has been appointed to lead the review of the Swan Valley planning framework.
“Mr Kobelke is an experienced former Minister who understands the need for genuine community engagement to develop a plan for the region.
“I have asked Mr Kobelke to examine the provisions in the draft Swan Valley Development Plan relating to subdivision, agriculture and tourism.
“I am also keen to ensure a strong advocate for the Swan Valley through a statutory board or committee.
“This review and consultation process will ensure that the people who call the Swan Valley home have a real say about the future of this highly valued region.”
Minister’s office – 6552 5500